Current Utility News
Current News

AIC Briefs

AIC Legal Memo Response to TASC
Friday, 02 October 2015

AIC Letter Opposing Recommended Dismissal of APS Solar Tariff
Tuesday, 11 August 2015

AIC Intervention in UNS-Electric Rate Case
Tuesday, 21 July 2015

AIC Supports APS Net Metering Cost Shift Solution
Friday, 05 June 2015

AIC Supports TEP Net Metering Tariff
Monday, 1 June 2015

Letter of Opposition to AG-1 Extension
Monday, 8 December 2014

AIC Comments on 111(d)
Tuesday, 2 December 2014

AIC Four Corners Surrebuttal
Monday, 21 July 2014

AIC Testimony on Four Corners
Friday, 20 June 2014

AIC Testimony on UNS/Fortis Settlement
Monday, 2 June 2014

AIC Letter on Net Metering
Monday, 4 November 2013

Deregulation Responsive Comments
Thursday, 17 October 2013

Deregulation Comments
Wednesday, 9 October 2013


Click the links below to watch the upcoming debate or watch the archived debated.



EEI's Kuhn Criticizes Cap-and-Dividend Option for Climate Bill

EEI Daily Energy News

EEI President Tom Kuhn voiced objections to a cap-and-dividend strategy for auctioning GHG emissions permits, Environment and Energy Daily reported.  Kuhn predicted consumers would resist the rate increases resulting from emissions limits if they only had "a promise a check will come down the road from the federal government." Kuhn added his opinion that the strategy will "cause a negative reaction on doing something on climate change." The plan being put forth by Sens. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., and Susan Collins, R-Maine, would return 75 percent of auction revenue to consumers, with the other 25 percent funding clean energy projects.

Cantwell responded to concerns voiced by Kuhn and others by claiming that consumers "want the money themselves" rather than have their utilities receive the revenue. An industry lawyer commented that if Sens. John Kerry, D-Mass., Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., and Joseph Lieberman, ID-Conn., adopted the Cantwell-Collins plan, they would not be able to offer the "political candy" of emissions permits to senators in order to ensure a filibuster-proof majority for a climate bill.

Environment and Energy Daily, Feb. 24.